Modern C++ Programming With Test-Driven Development, the only comprehensive treatment on TDD in C++ provides you with everything you need to know about TDD, and the challenges and benefits of implementing it in your C++ systems. Its many detailed code examples take you step-by-step from TDD basics to advanced concepts. As a veteran C++ programmer, you’re already writing high-quality code, and you work hard to maintain code quality. It doesn’t have to be that hard.
In this book, you’ll learn:
- how to use TDD to improve legacy C++ systems
- how to identify and deal with troublesome system dependencies
- how to do dependency injection, which is particularly tricky in C++
- how to use testing tools for C++ that aid TDD
- new C++11 features that facilitate TDD
As you grow in TDD mastery, you’ll discover how to keep a massive C++ system from becoming a design mess over time, as well as particular C++ trouble spots to avoid. You’ll find out how to prevent your tests from being a maintenance burden and how to think in TDD without giving up your hard-won C++ skills. Finally, you’ll see how to grow and sustain TDD in your team.
Whether you’re a complete unit-testing novice or an experienced tester, this book will lead you to mastery of test-driven development in C++.