As the technology landscape moves focus towards smaller devices, the need for building scalable, flexible, lightweight, and real-time communications-based applications grows. HTML 5 and Java EE 7 provide a new synthesis of technologies that demonstrate tremendous scope and potential in areas of device independence, asynchronous communication, interoperability, and portability.
Developing RESTful Services with JAX-RS 2.0, WebSockets, and JSON is a practical, hands-on guide that provides you with clear and pragmatic information to take advantage of the real power behind HTML5 and Java EE technologies. This book also gives you a good foundation for using them in your applications.
Developing RESTful Services with JAX-RS 2.0, WebSockets, and JSON looks at the different HTML5-based Java EE 7 API, and takes a deep dive into the individual areas of technologies to cover basic to advanced concepts, and also provides best practices for each API. You will also learn how to build a REST-based Event Notification Application using the Twitter API, tying all the different technologies together that we will cover. You will also take a look at integrating different Java EE APIs to build a Library Application. If you want to take advantage of using the new HTML5 technologies and Java EE 7 platform, then this is the book for you. You will learn everything you need to know to build portable RESTful Web Services with JAX-RS 2.0, Web Sockets, JSON, and Server-Sent Events.
What you will learn from this book:
- Develop RESTful Web Services using the JAX-RS 2.0 API
- Understand security and fault tolerance with WebSockets and Server-Sent Events
- Produce, parse, and manipulate JSON data with the help of standard JSON API
- Cover best practices in building applications with WebSockets, Server-Sent Events, and JAX-RS 2.0
- Learn the aspects of asynchronous programming to improve scalability