What you will learn from this book:
- Create different kinds of servers
- Manipulate all kinds of data
- Interface with various databases
- Use streams for efficient, powerful data shuffling
- Create real-time apps
- Create command-line apps
- Write and publish your own modules
- Work with the Express framework
- Get to grips with the module ecosystem
- Explore with external remote APIs
- Learn various security, encryption, and authentication techniques
Beginning with making your own web server, the recipes are designed to allow smooth progression through Node in order to help you design full web applications, command-line applications, and Node modules.
There’s also extensive coverage on using popular frameworks such as Express 4 and Socket.IO, writing your own Node modules and different ways to take your apps live.