About the technology
In the last ten years, Groovy has become an integral part of a Java developer’s toolbox. Its comfortable, common-sense design, seamless integration with Java, and rich ecosystem that includes the Grails web framework, the Gradle build system, and Spock testing platform have created a large Groovy community
About the book
Groovy in Action, Second Edition is the undisputed definitive reference on the Groovy language. Written by core members of the Groovy language team, this book presents Groovy like no other can—from the inside out. With relevant examples, careful explanations of Groovy’s key concepts and features, and insightful coverage of how to use Groovy in-production tasks, including building new applications, integration with existing code, and DSL development, this is the only book you’ll need. Updated for Groovy 2.4.
- Comprehensive coverage of Groovy 2.4 including language features, libraries, and AST transformations
- Dynamic, static, and extensible typing
- Concurrency: actors, data parallelism, and dataflow
- Applying Groovy: Java integration, XML, SQL, testing, and domain-specific language support
- Hundreds of reusable examples
About the reader
Some experience with Java or another programming language is helpful. No Groovy experience is assumed.
About the authors
Authors Dierk König, Paul King, Guillaume Laforge, Hamlet D’Arcy, Cédric Champeau, Erik Pragt, and Jon Skeet are intimately involved in the creation and ongoing development of the Groovy language and its ecosystem.