Make Apple Watch apps with Swift 2!
This year at WWDC, Apple introduced watchOS 2, which signifies a huge change for Apple Watch developers. Now, you can make native apps that run directly on your watch.
In this book, you’ll learn how to make native apps for watchOS 2 the quick and easy way: through a series of fun and easy-to-read tutorials.
Who This Book Is For:
This book is for intermediate iOS developers who already know the basics of iOS and Swift 2 development but want to learn how to make Apple Watch apps for watchOS 2.
Topics Covered in watchOS 2 by Tutorials
- Hello, Apple Watch!: Dive straight in and build your first watchOS 2 app.
- UI Controls: Dig into the suite of interface objects that ship with WatchKit.
- Layout: Learn the layout system you’ll use to build the interfaces for your watchOS apps.
- Tables: Tables are the staple ingredient of almost any watchOS app – learn how to use them!
- Animation: Learn about the new watchOS 2 animation API.
- Glances: Give your users a quick and lightweight view of your app with glances.
- Notifications: Learn how to notify your users upon various events of interest.
- Complications: Learn how to make small elements of your app visibile on the watch face.
- Watch Connectivity: Learn about the new framework to communicate from a watch to a phone.
- And much more: Audio and Video, Core Motion, Handoff, HealthKit, Core Location, Networking, Haptic Feedback, and more!
One thing you can count on: after reading this book you’ll have all the experience necessary to build rich and engaging apps for Apple’s new Apple Watch platform.