If you’re grounded in the basics of Swift, Xcode, and the Cocoa framework, this book provides a structured explanation of all essential real-world iOS app components. Through deep exploration and copious code examples, you’ll learn how to create views, manipulate view controllers, and add features from iOS frameworks.
Stay up-to-date on iOS 10 innovations, such as property animators, force touch, speech recognition, and the User Notification framework, as well as Xcode 8 improvements for autolayout and asset catalogs. All example code (now rewritten in Swift 3) is available on GitHub for you to download, study, and run.
- Create, arrange, draw, layer, and animate views that respond to touch
- Use view controllers to manage multiple screens of interface
- Master interface classes for scroll views, table views, text, popovers, split views, web views, and controls
- Dive into frameworks for sound, video, maps, and sensors
- Access user libraries: music, photos, contacts, and calendar
- Explore additional topics, including files, networking, and threads