Mastering Django: Core is a completely revised and updated version of the original Django Book, written by Adrian Holovaty and Jacob Kaplan-Moss – the creators of Django.
The main goal of this book is to make you a Django expert. By reading this book, you’ll learn the skills needed to develop powerful websites quickly, with code that is clean and easy to maintain.
This book is also a programmer’s manual that provides complete coverage of the current Long Term Support (LTS) version of Django. For developers creating applications for commercial and business critical deployments, Mastering Django: Core provides a complete, up-to-date resource for Django 1.8LTS with a stable code-base, security fixes and support out to 2018.
What You Will Learn
- Use Django to access user-submitted form data, validate it, and work with it
- Get to know advanced URLconf tips and tricks
- Extend Django’s template system with custom code
- Define models and use the database API to create, retrieve, update, and delete records
- Fully extend and customize the default implementation as per your project’s needs
- Test and deploy your Django application
- Get to know more about Django’s session, cache Framework, and middleware
Nigel George is a business systems developer who specializes in the application of open source technologies to solve common business problems. He has a broad range of experience in software development—from writing database apps for small business to developing the back end and UI for a distributed sensor network at the University of Newcastle, Australia.
He has another book on Django—Beginning Django CMS—published by Apress in December 2015.
Nigel lives in Newcastle, NSW, Australia.