With this practical book, you’ll learn how to get you up and running with Terraform, an open source tool that allows you to define infrastructure for a variety of cloud providers—including AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, DigitalOcean, and others—using a simple, declarative programming language. Author Yevgeniy (Jim) Brikman introduces you to Terraform syntax, and shows you how to deploy and manage infrastructure with just a few CLI commands.
You’ll also learn:
- Why every company needs to use infrastructure-as-code
- Why Terraform is preferable to Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, and CloudFormation
- How you can manage Terraform state
- How to create reusable infrastructure with Terraform modules
- Terraform tips & tricks: loops, if-statements, and pitfalls
- How to use Terraform as a team