RethinkDB has a lot of cool things to be excited about: ReQL (its readable,highly-functional syntax), cluster management, primitives for 21st century applications, and change-feeds. This book starts with a brief overview of the RethinkDB architecture and data modeling, and coverage of the advanced ReQL queries to work with JSON documents. Then, you will quickly jump to implementing these concepts in real-world scenarios, by building real-time applications on polling, data synchronization, share market, and the geospatial domain using RethinkDB and Node.js. You will also see how to tweak RethinkDB’s capabilities to ensure faster data processing by exploring the sharding and replication techniques in depth.
Then, we will take you through the more advanced administration tasks as well as show you the various deployment techniques using PaaS, Docker, and Compose. By the time you have finished reading this book, you would have taken your knowledge of RethinkDB to the next level, and will be able to use the concepts in RethinkDB to develop efficient, real-time applications with ease.
What You Will Learn
- Master the web-based management console for data-center configuration (sharding, replication, and more), database monitoring, and testing queries.
- Run queries using the ReQL language
- Perform Geospatial queries (such as finding all the documents with locations within 5km of a given point).
- Deal with time series data, especially across various times zones.
- Extending the functionality of RethinkDB and integrate it with third party libraries such as ElasticSearch to enhance our search