Most organizations are seeking methods to improve business agility because they have realized just having a cloud is not enough. Being able to improve application deployments, reduce infrastructure downtime, and eliminate daily manual tasks can only be accomplished through some sort of automation.
We start with a brief overview of OpenStack and Ansible 2 and highlight some best practices. Each chapter will provide an introduction to handling various Cloud Operator administration tasks such as managing containers within your cloud; setting up/utilizing open source packages for monitoring; creating multiple users/tenants; taking instance snapshots; and customizing your cloud to run multiple active regions. Each chapter will also supply a step-by-step tutorial on how to automate these tasks with Ansible 2.
Packed with real-world OpenStack administrative tasks, this book will walk you through working examples and explain how these tasks can be automated using one of the most popular open source automation tools on the market today.
What You Will Learn
- Efficiently execute OpenStack administrative tasks
- Familiarize yourself with how Ansible 2 works and assess the defined best practices
- Create Ansible 2 playbooks and roles
- Automate tasks to customize your OpenStack cloud
- Review OpenStack automation considerations when automating administrative tasks
- Examine and automate advanced OpenStack tasks and designated use cases
- Get a high-level overview of OpenStack and current production-ready projects
- Explore OpenStack CLI tools and learn how to use them