Make Apple Watch apps with Swift 3!
With the announcement of watchOS 3, Apple is clearly striving to make the Apple watch as independent of your iPhone as possible. Now you can build apps that interact even more deeply with the rich features and hardware features of watchOS 3. In this book, you’ll learn how to make native apps for watchOS 3 the quick and easy way: through a series of fun and easy-to-read tutorials.
Who This Book Is For
This book is for intermediate iOS developers who already know the basics of iOS and Swift 3 development but want to learn how to make Apple Watch apps for watchOS 3.
Topics Covered in watchOS 3 by Tutorials
- Hello, Apple Watch!: Dive straight in and build your first watchOS 2 app.
- Designing Great Watch Apps: Make your apps stand out from the rest by making them glanceable, actionable and responsive.
- Layout: Learn the layout system you’ll use to build the interfaces for your watchOS apps.
- Tables: Tables are the staple ingredient of almost any watchOS app — learn how to use them!
- Digital Crown and Gesture Recognition: Explore the rich set of physical interactions with the Watch, including the Digital Crown, pan gestures and force touch!
- Snapshot API: Glances are out, snapshots are in. Learn how to make your app appear in the new Dock and update the icon dynamically!
- Notifications: Get a complete overview of what watchOS has to offer — support for several different types of notifications!
- Complications: Learn how to make small elements of your app visible on the watch face.
- And much more: Audio and Video, Core Motion, Handoff, HealthKit, Core Location, Networking, Haptic Feedback, and more!