Up-to-date hacks that will breathe life into your Arduino and Raspberry Pi creations!
This intuitive DIY guide shows how to wire, disassemble, tweak, and re-purpose household devices and integrate them with your Raspberry Pi and Arduino inventions. Packed with full-color illustrations, photos, and diagrams, Hacking Electronics: Learning Electronics with Arduino and Raspberry Pi, Second Edition, features fun, easy-to-follow projects. You’ll discover how to build an Internet-controlled hacked electric toy, ultrasonic rangefinder, remote-controlled robotic rover, audio amp, slot car brakes and headlights―even a smart card reader!
- Get up and running on both Arduino and Raspberry Pi
- Safely solder, join wires, and connect switches
- Identify components and read schematic diagrams
- Work with LEDs, including high-power Lumileds and addressable LED strips
- Use LiPo batteries, solar panels, and buck-boost power supplies
- Use sensors to measure light, temperature, acceleration, sound level, and color
- Build and modify audio amps, microphones, and transmitters
- Repair gadgets and scavenge useful parts from dead equipment
- Get the most out of cheap or free bench and software tools