Discover why routers in the Juniper MX Series—with their advanced feature sets and record-breaking scale—are so popular among enterprises and network service providers. This revised and expanded edition shows you step-by-step how to implement high-density, high-speed Layer 2 and Layer 3 Ethernet services, using advanced firewall filters, redundant inline services, powerful CoS tool sets, and many other Juniper MX features.
This second edition was written by a Senior NOC Engineer, whose vast experience with the MX Series is well documented. Each chapter covers a specific Juniper MX vertical and includes review questions to help you test what you’ve learned. This edition includes new chapters on load balancing and vMX—Juniper MX’s virtual instance.
- Discover Junos architecture, MX chassis, and Trio Linecards
- Work with Juniper MX’s bridging, VLAN VXLAN, and virtual switches
- Create a firewall filter framework and discover the latest flexible filtering options
- Secure your router and add an extra layer of security with Junos DDOS protection and SCFD feature
- Discover the advantages of hierarchical scheduling, ingress queuing, and flexible remarking
- Combine Juniper MX routers, using a virtual chassis or MC-LAG
- Understand and use classical and advanced Trio Chipset’s load balancing features
- Dive into Trio inline services such as inline NAT, redundant logical tunnel, or filter-based GRE tunnel
- Discover vMX internal architecture and explore the benefits and typical use case of a virtual router