Ready to create amazing games for iOS? With Apple’s Swift programming language, it’s never been easier. This updated cookbook provides detailed recipes for managing a wide range of common iOS game-development issues, ranging from architecture design to graphics to performance—all revised for the latest version of Swift.
You get simple, direct solutions to common problems found in iOS game programming. Need to figure out how to give objects physical motion, or want a refresher on gaming-related math problems? This book provides sample projects and straightforward answers. All you need to get started is some familiarity with iOS development and Swift.
- Lay out your game’s structure and organize its contents
- Build your interface and customize menus with UIKit
- Design your game to detect and respond to user input
- Work with sound effects, music, and speech synthesis
- Store and access data for later use with iCloud
- Create and animate 2D graphics with SpriteKit
- Simulate physics to make game movements feel realistic
- Create and render 3D scenes with SceneKit
- Test users by designing an AI system that thinks ahead
- Add game controllers, external displays, and augmented reality