Thoughtful Data Science brings new strategies and a carefully crafted programmer’s toolset to work with modern, cutting-edge data analysis. This new approach is designed specifically to give developers more efficiency and power to create cutting-edge data analysis and artificial intelligence insights.
Industry expert David Taieb bridges the gap between developers and data scientists by creating a modern open-source, Python-based toolset that works with Jupyter Notebook, and PixieDust. You’ll find the right balance of strategic thinking and practical projects throughout this book, with extensive code files and Jupyter projects that you can integrate with your own data analysis.
David Taieb introduces four projects designed to connect developers to important industry use cases in data science. The first is an image recognition application with TensorFlow, to meet the growing importance of AI in data analysis. The second analyses social media trends to explore big data issues and natural language processing. The third is a financial portfolio analysis application using time series analysis, pivotal in many data science applications today. The fourth involves applying graph algorithms to solve data problems. Taieb wraps up with a deep look into the future of data science for developers and his views on AI for data science.
What You Will Learn
- Bridge the gap between developer and data scientist with a Python-based toolset
- Get the most out of Jupyter Notebooks with new productivity-enhancing tools
- Explore and visualize data using Jupyter Notebooks and PixieDust
- Work with and assess the impact of artificial intelligence in data science
- Work with TensorFlow, graphs, natural language processing, and time series
- Deep dive into multiple industry data science use cases
- Look into the future of data analysis and where to develop your skills
David Taieb is the Distinguished Engineer for the Watson and Cloud Platform Developer Advocacy team at IBM, leading a team of avid technologists on a mission to educate developers on the art of the possible with data science, AI and cloud technologies. He’s passionate about building open source tools, such as the PixieDust Python Library for Jupyter Notebooks, which help improve developer productivity and democratize data science. David enjoys sharing his experience by speaking at conferences and meetups, where he likes to meet as many people as possible.