With platforms designed for rapid adaptation and failure recovery such as Amazon Web Services, cloud computing is more like programming than traditional system administration. Tools for automatic scaling and instance replacement allow even small DevOps teams to manage massively scalable application infrastructures—if team members drop their old views of development and operations and start mastering automation.
This comprehensive guide shows developers and system administrators how to configure and manage AWS services including EC2, CloudFormation, Elastic Load Balancing, S3, and Route 53. Sysadms will learn will learn to automate their favorite tools and processes; developers will pick up enough ops knowledge to build a robust and resilient AWS application infrastructure.
- Launch instances with EC2 or CloudFormation
- Securely deploy and manage your applications with AWS tools
- Learn to automate AWS configuration management with Python and Puppet
- Deploy applications with Auto Scaling and Elastic Load Balancing
- Explore approaches for deploying application and infrastructure updates
- Save time on development and operations with reusable components
- Learn strategies for managing log files in AWS environments
- Configure a cloud-aware DNS service with Route 53
- Use AWS CloudWatch to monitor your infrastructure and applications