Kubernetes is the operating system of the cloud-native world, providing a reliable and scalable platform for running containerized workloads. This book shows developers and operations staff how to apply industry-standard DevOps practices to Kubernetes in a cloud-native context. You’ll learn all about the Kubernetes ecosystem and discover battle-tested solutions to everyday problems.
In this friendly, pragmatic book, cloud experts John Arundel and Justin Domingus show you what Kubernetes can do—and what you can do with it. You’ll build, step by step, an example cloud-native application and its supporting infrastructure, along with a development environment and continuous deployment pipeline that you can use for your own applications.
- Understand containers and Kubernetes from first principles—no experience necessary
- Run your own clusters or choose a managed Kubernetes service from Amazon, Google, and others
- Design your own cloud-native services and infrastructure
- Use Kubernetes to manage resource usage and the container lifecycle
- Optimize clusters for cost, performance, resilience, capacity, and scalability
- Learn the best tools for developing, testing, and deploying your applications
- Apply the latest industry practices for observability and monitoring
- Secure your containers and clusters in production
- Adopt DevOps principles to help make your development teams lean, fast, and effective