Cloud computing is typically associated with backend development and DevOps. But with the rise of serverless technologies and a new generation of services and frameworks, frontend and mobile developers can build robust applications with production-ready features such as authentication and authorization, API gateways, chatbots, augmented reality scenes, and more. This hands-on guide shows you how.
Nader Dabit, developer advocate at Amazon Web Services, guides you through the process of building full stack applications using React, AWS, GraphQL, and AWS Amplify. You’ll learn how to create and incorporate services into your client applications while learning general best practices, deployment strategies, rich media management, and continuous integration and delivery along the way.
- Learn how to build serverless applications that solve real problems
- Understand what is (and isn’t) possible when using these technologies
- Create a GraphQL API that interacts with DynamoDB and a NoSQL database
- Examine how authentication works—and learn the difference between authentication and authorization
- Get an in-depth view of how serverless functions work and why they’re important
- Build full stack applications on AWS and create offline apps with Amplify DataStore