If you’re grounded in the basics of Swift, Xcode, and the Cocoa framework, this book provides a structured explanation of all essential real-world iOS app components. Through deep exploration and copious code examples, you’ll learn how to create views, manipulate view controllers, and add features from iOS frameworks.
- Create, arrange, draw, layer, and animate views that respond to touch
- Use view controllers to manage multiple screens of interface
- Master interface classes for scroll views, table views, collection views, text, popovers, split views, web views, and controls
- Dive into frameworks for sound, video, maps, and sensors
- Access user libraries: music, photos, contacts, and calendar
- Explore additional topics, including files, networking, and threads
Stay up-to-date on iOS 14 innovations, such as:
- Control action closures and menus
- Table view cell configuration objects
- Collection view lists and outlines
- New split view controller architecture
- Pointer customization on iPad
- New photo picker and limited photos authorization
- Reduced accuracy location
- Color picker, new page control behavior, revised date pickers, and more!
Want to brush up on the basics? Pick up iOS 14 Programming Fundamentals with Swift to learn about Swift, Xcode, and Cocoa. Together with Programming iOS 14, you’ll gain a solid, rigorous, and practical understanding of iOS 14 development.