Core Java has long been recognized as the leading no-nonsense tutorial and reliable reference. It carefully explains the most important language and library features and shows how to build real-world applications with thoroughly tested examples. The example programs have been carefully crafted to be easy to understand as well as useful in practice, so you can rely on them as the starting point for your own code. All of the code examples have been rewritten to reflect modern Java best practices and code style. The critical new features introduced with Java SE 9, 10, and 11 are all thoroughly explored with the depth and completeness that readers expect from this title. Core Java Volume I walks readers through the all details and takes a deep dive into the most critical features of the language and core libraries.
- Master foundational techniques, idioms, and best practices for writing superior Java code
- Leverage the power of interfaces, lambda expressions, and inner classes
- Harden programs through effective exception handling and debugging
- Write safer, more reusable code with generic programming
- Improve performance and efficiency with Java’s standard collections
- Build cross-platform GUIs with the Swing toolkit
- Fully utilize multicore processors with Java’s improved concurrency
New to This Edition
Virtually everything. A complete overhaul of a classic, fully updated to cover all the new features and APIs of Java SE 8 in detail. Great care is taken to explain the most powerful new features such as lambda expressions (closures) and I/O Streams.