Selling your CTO on the merits of OpenShift and Kubernetes is only the beginning. To operate and scale OpenShift, you also need to know how to manage and expose resources to application teams and continuously deliver changes to the applications running in these environments. With this practical book, new and experienced developers and operators will learn specific techniques for operationalizing OpenShift and Kubernetes in the enterprise.
Industry experts Michael Elder, Jake Kitchener, and Brad Topol show you how to run OpenShift and Kubernetes in production and deliver your applications to a highly available, secure, and scalable platform. You’ll learn how to build a strong foundation in advanced cluster operational topics, such as tenancy management, scheduling and capacity management, cost management, continuous delivery, and more.
- Examine the fundamental concepts of Kubernetes architecture
- Get different Kubernetes and OpenShift environments up and running
- Dive into advanced resource management topics, including capacity planning
- Learn how to support high availability inside a single cluster
- Use production-level approaches for continuous delivery and code promotion across clusters
- Explore hybrid cloud use cases, including multicluster provisioning, upgrading, and policy support
- Devise and deliver disaster recovery strategies