Up to date for Android 12, Kotlin 1.5, Android Studio Bumblebee
Learn how to publish and distribute commercial apps on the Google Play Store. This book gives you all the knowledge you need for a successful Android app launch including the nuts and bolts of getting your app on the Play Store, how to ensure your app is sleek and secure, how to distribute it to testers and how to attract and manage user feedback and monitor performance post- release. This is everything you need to publish and distribute a professional, secure and successful Android app!
If you’re planning on releasing a commercial app to the Google Play Store, you need this book. It will walk you through the entire process of uploading the app to the Play Store, distributing it to testers, creating a release strategy and making sure your users will continue to love it in the future.
In short, this book will give you the knowledge you need to distribute an app with the best chance of long-term success.
Who is this book for
While Android developers of all experience levels will find the information in this book useful, there are two groups that will benefit the most: New Android developers and experienced Android developers who either haven’t worked on consumer apps or who weren’t involved in the details of releasing the app.
Concepts covered in this book
- The steps to getting the perfect build.
- Quickly getting started using the app store.
- Using test tracks to test your app.
- Release strategies.
- How to master app permissions for a great user experience.
- Best practices for securing your app.
- Optimizing app size and obfusticating your APK.
- Techniques for adding features dynamically.
- How to add build variants and flavors to your app.
- Automation tools for your local environment.
- Tips and tricks for getting top ratings and avoiding negative reviews.
- How to set up CI to automate your deployment process.
- Monitoring your app performance and vitals.