Build and deliver production-grade cloud-native apps with Spring framework and Kubernetes.
In Cloud Native Spring in Action you’ll learn:
- Cloud native best practices and design patterns
- Build and test cloud native apps with Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
- Handle security, resilience, and scalability in imperative and reactive applications
- Configure, deploy, and observe applications on Kubernetes
- Continuous delivery and GitOps to streamline your software lifecycle
Cloud Native Spring in Action is a practical guide to building applications that are designed for cloud environments. You’ll learn effective Spring and Kubernetes cloud development techniques that you can immediately apply to enterprise-grade applications. Follow a detailed and complete cloud native system from first concept right through to production and deployment, learning best practices, design patterns, and little-known tips and tricks for pain-free cloud native development. Including coverage of security, continuous delivery, and configuration, this hands-on guide is the perfect primer for navigating the increasingly complex cloud landscape.
about the technology
Do you want to learn how to build scalable, resilient, and observable Spring applications that take full advantage of the cloud computing model? If so, Cloud Native Spring in Action is the book for you! It will teach you the essential techniques and practices you need to build efficient Spring Boot applications ready for production in the cloud.
about the book
In Cloud Native Spring in Action, you’ll learn how to containerize your Spring Boot applications with Cloud Native Buildpacks and deploy them on Kubernetes. This practical guide delivers unique insights into hosting microservices, serverless applications, and other modern architectures on cloud platforms. You’ll learn how to use Spring-based methodologies, practices, and patterns that you won’t find anywhere else.
- Implement cloud native patterns with Spring
- Handle security, resilience, and scalability
- Build and test imperative and reactive applications
- Configuration and observability on Kubernetes
- Adopt continuous delivery and GitOps
about the reader
For intermediate Java developers.
about the author
Thomas Vitale is a software engineer, open source contributor, and international conference speaker.