Kubernetes is Google’s solution to managing a cluster of containers. Kubernetes provides a declarative API to manage clusters while giving us a lot of flexibility. This book will provide you with recipes to better manage containers in different scenarios in production using Kubernetes.
We will start by giving you a quick brush up on how Kubernetes works with containers along with an overview of the main Kubernetes features such as Pods, Replication Controllers, and more. Next, we will teach you how to create Kubernetes cluster and how to run programs on Kubernetes. We’ll explain features such as High Availability Kubernetes master setup, using Kubernetes with Docker, and orchestration with Kubernetes using AWS. Later, will show you how to use Kubernetes-UI, and how to set up and manage Kubernetes clusters on the cloud and bare metal.
Upon completion of this book, you will be able use Kubernetes in production and will have a better understanding of how to manage your containers using Kubernetes.
What You Will Learn
- Get to know how to build your own container cluster
- Deploy and manage highly scalable applications using Kubernetes
- Discover how to build high availability Kubernetes clusters
- Find out how to build a continuous delivery pipeline for your application
- Track metrics and logs for every container running in your cluster
- Streamline the way you deploy and manage your applications with large-scale container orchestration