Up to date for Git 2.21
The book that teaches you the foundations of the much-used but oft-misunderstood Git! Learn how Git works under the hood, how to set up your own repos, as well as how to deal with remote syncing. Master workflows, branching, merging and rebasing your work for easy and successful project collaboration!
Learn and Master Git!
Chances are if you’re involved with software development you’ve heard of and have used Git at some point in your life. Version control systems are critical for any successful collaborative software project. Git is both simple to start using and accommodating for the most complex tasks with version control. Even seasoned Git users hit roadblocks on how to handle common situations.
Mastering Git is here to help! This book is the easiest and fastest way to get hands-on experience with using Git for version control of your projects.
Who This Book Is For
This book is for anyone who would like to leverage the power of version control with Git in their software development process. The book starts with a gentle introduction, then moves on to more complicated scenarios, including merge conflicts, rebasing and more.
Topics Covered in Mastering Git
- Crash course in Git: All of the basics of Git that every software craftsman should know. Understand how to set up Git, committing, ignoring files, etc.
- Branching/Merging/Pushing: The whole point of Git is collaboration and this covers everything to work with others.
- How Git actually works: After using Git for a while it’s good to discover the whys behind all of the things.
- Rebasing/Cherry Picking: Rebasing and Cherry Picking are more advanced ways of merging code and collaborating.
- Workflows in Git: Working with Git requires some rules to make sure things go smoothly across development teams. Learn the most common workflows and how to decide which one to use.
One thing you can count on: after reading this book, you’ll be well-prepared to use Git in your own software development workflow!