Dead Simple Python is a thorough introduction to every feature of the Python language for programmers who are impatient to write production code. Instead of revisiting elementary computer science topics, you’ll dive deep into idiomatic Python patterns so you can write professional Python programs in no time.
After speeding through Python’s basic syntax and setting up a complete programming environment, you’ll learn to work with Python’s dynamic data typing, its support for both functional and object-oriented programming techniques, special features like generator expressions, and advanced topics like concurrency. You’ll also learn how to package, distribute, debug, and test your Python project.
Master how to:
- Make Python’s dynamic typing work for you to produce cleaner, more adaptive code.
- Harness advanced iteration techniques to structure and process your data.
- Design classes and functions that work without unwanted surprises or arbitrary constraints.
- Use multiple inheritance and introspection to write classes that work intuitively.
- Improve your code’s responsiveness and performance with asynchrony, concurrency, and parallelism.
- Structure your Python project for production-grade testing and distribution
The most pedantically pythonic primer ever printed, Dead Simple Python will take you from working with the absolute basics to coding applications worthy of publication.
Jason C. McDonald is a software developer, speaker, and author of both fiction and non-fiction. By day, he works as a Principal Consultant at Rural Sourcing, specializing in Python software engineering. By night, he is the founder of MousePaw Media, an open source software organization where he trains software development interns. You can usually find him haunting his local coffee shops.